Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Life has been so hectic with it's personal ups and school downs that maybe but maybe don't balance each other out that I'm not really sure what to do with myself. I met a ~boy~ and we are going on a ~date~. I have four papers to write before/for finals, a total of about 32 pages and plenty of research. I have a lot of other work to do and no motivation to do any of it. My roomate becomes crazier and crazier but I spend all my time with two close friends from another floor. On the whole, I can't believe that life is so good only a year from one of the worst times in my life. I would like to just wish all my school work away though.

This is the second to last part of the D.C. trip that happened...over a year ago. Go me.



Our half of the group was headed to Chinatown for lunch.

Chinatown was...strange. It felt like some of it was trying to be glitzy and interesting, but the majority of it looked more like this:


Buses and CVSes and McDonalds. We had to walk for twenty minutes just to find any semblance of an authentic shop, and once we found one kate whined the whole time about how it smelled weird and everything was too cheaply made. All the rest of us got adorable shoes which led her to complain about not having any money.

There were shelves upon shelves of differently styled tiny buddhas. I ended up choosing a tiny jade one, but it was hard. I really wanted one of each.

Finally we settled on a place to eat.

The food was average, pretty standard Americanized chinese food fare. Kate, however, could barely even stomach that. She ordered miso soup and dumped a full spoon full of soy sauce in, and then for her entree finally settled on "general tuh-soe's chicken". She also kept talking in a very loud voice about how dirty the restaurant was and how gross the food was. It was humiliating, and we ended up leaving a very large tip.

On the way back she insisted we get on the wrong train because SHE was the only one who understood the map of course. It took a few stops to convince her that she was wrong, and we were all beyond our patience limits.

The whole group met up again at one stop and then we rode back to the Smithsonian. We had a few more hours so our section arranged to meet up with a friend who was home for the weekend and who lived in D.C.

We walked ourselves over to the Mall and then sat and waited with our cute new shoes.

It was a beautiful afternoon, perfect for people watching.

I actually snagged a picture of Kathryn! Of everyone on this trip, she is the only one I remained friends with. Actually, she just spent Thanksgiving break with me.

So, our friend came and it was good and thennn it was time to meet up as a group AGAIN and leave D.C. We went to one of the R.A leader's house for dinner which was a bizarre experience and then to the tiny motel we were to spend the night in. They put six people in each room, meant for three. It was miserable to say the least.

Kathryn sat against the radiator, which you can't see in this picture. Kate sat in the corner with a boy on the phone but didn't actually speak to him for about two hours. Gwen sat with her horribly smelly feet propped on my pillow and ate popcorn, which she managed to get absolutely everywhere. When I slid my feet down between the sheets, I encountered some of her popcorn.

Candid reaction shot to Gwen.

Somehow, despite the feet and the popcorn and the anger, we managed to fall asleep sure that the next day would be better.

It wasn't.


( 6 comments — Leave a comment )
Jan. 5th, 2009 04:21 pm (UTC)

How are you? Happy New Year, by the way!

I completely missed this post. How was the date? Which is now...a month ago, but still? ;)
Jan. 5th, 2009 05:36 pm (UTC)
Happy New Year to you! I am really good, the date went extremely well and was followed by two more. :D How are you?!
Jan. 5th, 2009 06:50 pm (UTC)

Ooh that's great! I'm so happy for you! =D For a second there I thought you had disappeared or something...but all the while you were off dating (joke) ;)

I'm doing well, too! I went on a holiday to Denmark, and right now it's finals period over here, but apart from that, nothing new happened =).
Jan. 5th, 2009 08:04 pm (UTC)
haha well I didn't disappear, but my laptop did. It completely stopped working and my replacement won't even ship for a few more days, I've had no reason to make posts. :/ I saw your holiday post, I am so jealous it looked wonderful! And good good luck with finals. :D
Jan. 6th, 2009 06:14 pm (UTC)
Woah. That must be so annoying (especially when you have to write papers and stuff)...hopefully your new laptop will be there soon! Then you have something to post about, haha.

& Yeah it was! I love Denmark =). Thanks!
Jan. 6th, 2009 09:42 pm (UTC)
It shipped today! :DD Yeah it made finals week even more hellish but...I survived haha. I definitely am building up even more of a backlog of pictures, jeez, and I want to post more details about the ~boy so...definitely.
( 6 comments — Leave a comment )